Retaining a youthful look as you age is a dream for many. As one gets older, the skin loses its elasticity and wrinkles, stretch marks, and thinning of the lips can make one’s face less appealing. Exposure to sunlight, eating habits, genetics, pollution, and other outside factors can accelerate the aging process.
The common signs of aging include skin wrinkles, deep furrows and visibility of bone landmarks. Many surgical and non-surgical treatments are available to eliminate the early signs of aging that prominently display themselves on your face and brings out a more youthful appearance.
The side effect of surgical treatments, however, is a complete change in their facial appearance and requires highly invasive techniques to make improvements. If one desires a youthful look without a dramatic change in physical appearance, it is best to opt for Radiesse.
What is Radiesse?
Radiesse are dermal fillers that aid in reducing facial wrinkles and folds from around the nose and mouth. These fillers can help an individual look younger and improve facial volume. It is a latex-free, sterile semi-solid injectable implant. Radiesse is composed of a biocompatible component called Calcium Hydroxyapatite.
How it Works
Radiesse is injected through a needle and placed under the skin. The filler provides immediate volume and correction but also stimulates the body’s ability to produce its own natural collagen. Overtime, the gel is absorbed and metabolized, but the boost to collagen production remains. Because of this, the treatment is known to give fast and long lasting results. To make the procedure comfortable, Radiesse is mixed with an anesthetic and the process in FDA approved.
Why You Should Consider Radiesse
Radiesse is a useful solution for people who want to get rid of:
• Smile lines – These lines and creases run from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth. They can make you look tired and much older.
• Marionette Lines – These lines run downwards from corners of mouth and can make you look unhappy even when you are not.
• Pre-Jowl fold – Areas on the either side of chin have a big impact on our appearance. Hollow areas cause the skin to sag and aid to create folds.
• Fine lines in the corners of mouth – The corners of the mouth turn downward as we age and can present a frowning or angry appearance on the face which is not appealing.
• Chin wrinkles – Wrinkles on the chin appear gradually as we age significantly alters the look of the entire facial region.
A Radiesse treatment can help remove the signs of aging on the face by restoring lost volume and eliminating or reducing severe wrinkles and fine lines.
The Benefits of Radiesse
• It provides an immediate lift and restores lost volume for the lower face.
• Effectively treats moderate to severe wrinkles and folds.
• Lasts longer than other treatments as it stimulates the body to produce more collagen.
• A clinically proven procedure with higher satisfaction reported by patients.
The procedure is simple and can be performed on an outpatient basis. Results are known to be immediate and can last up to a year or more. Patients are advised to consult a physician and discuss their medical history with an experienced care provider. A thorough examination helps to reduce complications during and after the treatment.
Contact Our Office
Interested in learning more about Radiesse? As the number one cosmetic surgeon in Orange County, Dr. Raymond Lee can help answer any of the questions you have about the treatment and deliver the results you desire. Contact us to schedule a consultation today!